Monday, June 25, 2007

Costume Controversy

The costume contest at the 5th Annual Lebowski DC Don't-Call-Me-"Fest"-Or-The-Real-Lebowski-Fest-Will-Call-Lawyers
showed that, whatever they are, this bunch ain't a bunch of amateurs.

After last year's simple, non-controversial choice, this year's decision, was, well, not exactly a lightweight. In the end, the winner ground up some ingenuity, percolated it through some dedication and brewed up a pot of victory. (I won't tell you what he did with the filter.)

But just because the losers are bereaved doesn't make them saps. So, they have their moment, too, in the West Wing.

Vote for your Lebowski Achiever in the comments. I give you, the Top Five:






1. Is there a Ralph's around here?








2. Are you a Lebowski Achiever?









3. Some Chinaman took them from me in Korea.











4. He has health problems.











5. He fixes the cable?

4 comments:

Chase said...

Any discussion about the costume contest (or, as I like to call it, the modern day 1972 Olympic basketball final) has to include your misguided rationale for picking the winner.
Without that, your choice is only incorrect. With it, we'll see why the goddamn plane crashed into the mountain.

Anonymous said...

If "The Creation of Lebowski-related Costumes" was a major at Maryland, Horo would be working on his second doctorate by now. In any case, any man who forgoes the ability to render facial expressions in the name of original costume design gets my vote any day.

Chaz: you lost because your wheelchair's rear wheels were not commensurate with the depiction in the film.

Chase said...

I wasn't saying I should have won; I agree with you and think Horo deserved the crown. I'd have actually put Becker 5th, behind Horo, you, Greg and myself.

Anonymous said...

You should post when these things are happening.